What documents will I need to review before moving in?Residents will need to complete the lease guarantor form and read the resident handbook before moving in.
Applying for an Apartment
- Each resident must complete an application. There is a $35.00 application fee online through PayLease
- A security deposit of $500 holds/secures the apartment for you while we process your paperwork. This must be either check, money order, or paid online through PayLease. We do not accept cash. The link to pay online can be found under the “Applicants” or “Pay My Rent” tab on our website or in the confirmation email you receive after applying online. We MUST receive full security deposit before we take your apartment off the market. It can be dropped off in person or mailed to us if it is paid as check or money order. All paperwork is due within 5 days of your application. The security deposit is kept for the duration of the lease in order to cover any damages that may be incurred while you reside at Turner NW. Security deposit is refunded 45 days after lease end date.
- Each resident over 21 must provide proof of income. This can be the two most recent pay stubs OR two most recent bank account statements OR a W2 or financial aid/scholarship information. These documents can be emailed, faxed, dropped off in person or mailed to us.
If resident is under 21 or does not have substantial credit, a parent, guardian, or other person (not a roommate) must complete a guarantor form which will be provided by our office.
- If you have a guarantor, then the guarantor must submit proof of income. This can be the two most recent pay stubs OR two most recent bank account statements OR a W2 or financial aid/scholarship information. These documents can be emailed, faxed, dropped off in person or mailed to us.
- We will need copies of 2 photo IDs for each resident. This can be brought in person, emailed or mailed to us and can be in the form of driver’s licenses, student IDs, passports, etc. If you are not a US citizen, then we must have a copy of your visa.
Should you have any other questions, please feel free to call, email or come by the leasing office. Phone number is (540) 418-4110.
Thank you and we look forward to having you as a resident of Turner NW!
A guarantor is someone who takes on the financial responsibility of the lease, but does not live in the apartment. By completing and signing the guarantor form, the guarantor becomes legally and financially responsible for paying the monthly rental installments. A guarantor form will be provided by our leasing office if required for the lease contract.
We provide a limited number of off-street parking spaces for residents. Unfortunately, due to space constraints, we are unable to guarantee each resident will get a space. Parking is available on a first-come-first-served basis based on the date that the lease is signed for a fee.
Optional Cable and Internet service can be purchased from Comcast upon move-in and activated right away. For more information, visit WiFi Ready Apartments FAQs – Xfinity Support.
Water, electricity, and gas (for hot water) are billed back to the residents using the Ratio Utility Billing System (RUBS), as outlined in your lease.
Water, gas, and electricity will already be on when a resident moves in. Residents will only need to set up optional cable/internet themselves. We encourage you to set up cable/internet services prior to moving in in order to avoid delays.
The cable/internet provider is Comcast. You will need to set up service with them directly. Comcast’s phone number is 1 (888) 266-2278. Comcast’s website is www.xfinity.com. Please note that apartments are listed on Comcast’s website using Turner NW’s address and the resident’s apartment number. For example: 208 Turner St, APT 101, Blacksburg VA 24060.
Keys can be picked up during normal office hours only. Office hours are Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM. We are unable to keep the office open late. Prior to issuing keys, rent must be paid in full and we must have proof of Renter’s Insurance per the terms of the lease.
We will not issue keys to someone who is not on the lease, including parents. A guarantor is not a leaseholder.
**Each resident is responsible for reviewing the Policies and Procedures Manual in the Move In Packet**
For safety and security reasons, we cannot give an apartment address or apartment number or any personal information out over the phone. If you are paying someone else’s rent, please request that information from the resident.
You can pay online and using your tenant web access portal login information that was set up when applying for an apartment. Check or money orders are also accepted for rental payments. We are unable to accept cash.